Sunday, November 15, 2009

How I Learnt My Monkey Bars

I am going to talk about how I learned to play on the monkey bars.

Initially, I was scared of swinging on the monkey bars, because I feared I would fall. All of kindergarten I tried and did not succeed.

In first grade, I met a kid and she taught me how to not fall from the monkey bars. She told me about a magic word. The word was 'swing'. I felt better and tried the monkey bars. I remembered the word 'swing' and made it all the way to the other side. That was mys first success with monkey bars.

In October, another girl, taught me how to skip bars. She told me to first put one hand on the first bar and the other hand behind my back. I had to swing to the third bar and then put my hand on the fifth bar. I had to repeat this to skip bars. I had fun learning that too.

After that, I started to jump to the third bar. After jumping, you can repeat the monkey bars till the end.

This is my monkey bar adventure.

Phew! what an accomplishment after trying for a whole year!

3 comments:

Travelmaniac said...

Very good Sanjana!

-Samhita

Pushpa said...

bravo sanju,
as you go ahead with bigger adventures, this lesson will come useful :) you rock!
-pushpa mami

Suchi said...

It took me forever to do the monkey bars. :) sometime when v meet @ the park, u can show me ur skills.and ill teach some other tricks. Have fun!
Suchi Akka

P.S. I'm so glad that u keep account of whatever u do everyday! Keep Blogging!